Nylon filament is extremely strong, durable and applicable
Because our nylon is made from polyamide PA12, it has a moisture absorption rate that is 5 times lower than the regular PA6 standard (10%). PA12 nylon is easy to print and is hardly bothered by moisture absorption; that is the biggest difference between Fillamentum Nylon and the regular nylon 3D print filament.
There are the following variants:
- Nylon FX256 - high-quality Nylon filament
- Nylon AF80 - Nylon reinforced with Aramid fibers
- Nylon CF15 - Nylon reinforced with carbon fibers
- PolyMide ™ CoPA - Composite of Nylon 6 and Nylon 6.6
- PAHP Carbon - Polyamide reinforced with carbon fibers
Flexible in thin layers, but with a very high mutual layer adhesion. The low coefficient of friction and high melting point makes Nylon filament an excellent solution for printing functional and technical components. Furthermore, nylon filament is less brittle than ABS and PLA.
Some Nylon Carbon filament can be used as a metal substitute.