OBC polyethylene is a filament with many unique features such as lightweight, chemical and impact resistance and a waterproof surface
OBC 905 is a very versatile polyethylene polymer and therefore suitable for you to make many useful objects on your 3D printer.
This filament is made using Imagin3D™ Polyethylene OBC by DOW Chemical Company
>Datasheet OBC 905 - polyethyleen filament
>Veiligheid informatie - polyethyleen filament
>Printer instellingen gids - polyethyleen filament
3D printing with polypropylene:
- Working Temperature: 180 - 210°C
- Heated bed: 70 - 100°C
- Printing speed: 20 - 40 mm/sec. When printing, polyethylene is flexible!
- Raft/skirt/brim: Brim 10mm/raft
- Part cooling fan: 25 - 50% from the 5th layer
- Overhangs: Part cooling fan at 75% > be very careful with too much fan speed with polyetylene!
- Bed surface: Glass/Mirror, Lockpad (PEI)
- Bed adhesion: Magigoo PP
- Enclosure: Not necessary, but it helps...
- Diameter: 1.75
- Weight: 600 grams
Polyethylene filament can be a challenge to print because PE warps quickly and hardly adheres. PE is a semi-crystalline polymer and tends to shrink and warp as it cools. Therefore, 3D printing PE has a learning curve and can be a challenge even for an experienced 3D printer.
Characteristics of OBC 905 Polyethylene:
- Very low density
- Very tough
- Temperature resistant up to 100 °C
- High impact strength (impact resistance)
- Excellent layer adhesion
- Chemical resistance to water, alcohol, acids and glycols
- Non-conductive, so suitable for electrical components
- The print remains flexible a week after 3D printing
- Does not stick and is waterproof
Polyethylene 3D filament is available in a diameter of 1.75 mm and is wound around a round spool with the greatest care.