FLEX63A LCD resin is an extremely flexible resin for universal use
This engineering LCD resin can be used for all types of open-source resin 3D printers (SLA, DLP and LCD/MSLA) within the range of 385 – 405 nanometers.
Due to the unique combination of flexibility and high impact resistance, FLEX63A Resin is used for functional applications such as prototypes, flexible seals/closures, soft-touch applications, watch bands/wearables and even as short term productions.
*NB: Pay close attention when using resins and read the safety instructions here
> Safety data sheet FLEX63A Resin
Features FLEX63A resin:
- Very flexible
- High stretch (up to 80%)
- Excellent elastic properties
- Almost odorless production
- Very transparent and lightfast / hardly any discolouration
- Accurate dimensional stability
- Suitable for all types of open source Resin 3D printers
- Resins consist of chemicals: When using resins, therefore, always wear protection and protective aids such as nitrin gloves, safety glasses and a mouth mask against gases and vapors type FFP2 or type A.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes and inhalation of toxic fumes; therefore wear a suitable face mask > read the safety regulations for the use of resin carefully.
- Shake the bottle for at least 2 minutes
- Then let the bottle rest for 10 minutes to get the air bubbles away
- We advise you to post-treat the 3D print to obtain the correct material properties
- Rinse your 3D print for 5 minutes in a bath of IPA or BioEthanol in an ultrasonic cleaner
- Make sure your print is completely dry for further post-processing
- The 3D print must dry for at least 30 minutes in a well-ventilated area
- Place the resin 3D print in a curing unit to cure under the influence of a UV source for about 20-30 minutes at 65°C
- A wavelength of 300-410 nanometers is preferred
Work order post-processing:
- Remove the print
- Clean the print with IPA or BioEthanol
- Let the print dry well
- Remove the support
- Cure the print in a curing chamber under a certain temperature and UV light
- Optional finishing (sanding, polishing, priming and painting)