- All products are added to your cart.
PETG filament settings 3D printer
PETG prints easily, is strong and has little shrinkage.
PETG filament is therefore in the middle between PLA and ABS; at PETG, all the positive features such as ease of printing and mechanical strength are combined in this one filament.
PETG is recyclable, so a lot is reused in bottles, fabrics and packaging. PET filament is therefore not degradable, but an environmentally friendly replacement for ABS for example, due to the reuse.
The correct 3D printer settings for PETG are:
- Nozzle temperature: 240-260 ° C
- Heated bed: Not required, with large objects 70 ° C
- Fan cooling: On, 60 - 100%
- Enclosure: Not required
- Print speed: 25 - 70 mm / sec.
- Bed adhesion: Gravity spray
- Minimum nozzle diameter: from 0.25 mm
- Nozzle: Regular brass is sufficient
- Storage: Always keep your filament in an airtight bag at room temperature in a dry environment. * Some types of PETG and co-polyester can be very sensitive to moisture and must be dried in the oven beforehand.
- At too high speeds or too low temperatures you may suffer from under-extrusion.